25 de novembre del 2015

The eternal traveler (or somehow also expat) syndrome


The best part of being a teacher is that you often get to learn a lot from the students. Today, a lovely globetrotter posted a video on Facebook and she did not have any idea of what she would be moving on her Catalan teacher in Germany… That video made me remember how many places do I still to visit… Some sentences just reflect my thoughts, “I live in a state of constant contradiction”. “Sometimes I think that I can’t be happy in just one place. I will have to be so in that city that doesn’t exist. In that city that I’ve built up in my mind with thousands of pieces of the different places I’ve been to and the ones I left to see. I know… I’m confused.”
They define the eternal traveller syndrome as the “feeling you get of not being comfortable anywhere you go because you always want to be somewhere else. Is this anxiety you feel when thinking that you will never be happy in just one place. It is an illness… that saves your life.”

Exactament això passa quan vius lluny de casa un temps, en un lloc, en un altre, sense saber on serà la següent parada. Quan viatges i deixes gent important en llocs diferents del món, sempre hi haurà algú lluny; quan ja no saps on vols tornar, perquè tot fa por però tot és possible. 
Com diu en Merlí, NOMÉS TENS UNA VIDA...  Potser hauríem de viure-la seguint els nostres somnis. La vida ens acostuma a donar molts senyals, només cal que obrim bé els ulls i els fem cas...



Meet Lucía & Ruben in algoquerecordar